Below you will find general info about the game and the main features
- The entire game will be rendered in 3D.
- The camera will be completely rotatable, and can zoom in and out.
- A unique storyline will be developed for the game.
- Hotseat will be included.
- The music will be composed by Rob King and Paul Romero, the same two people
who have composed the music from Heroes I - IV.
- The set of resources are exactly the same as previous games.
- Multiplayer has a "fast mode" option, where it will be possible to set a timer
on your opponent and vice-versa for quick finishing.
- A few new modes will be included as options in the game: Ghost Mode,
Simultaneous Turns and Duel Mode.
- Duel Mode has a total of 18 (balanced) hero presets, though there are 6 in the
- There are 4 spell schools, and they are not aligned to the towns, but some
towns are more suited to certain schools than others.
- There are 6 separate campaigns with over 30 missions in total. The campaigns
also incorporate side-plots and special objectives.
- There are six towns - Haven, Inferno, Necropolis, Dungeon, Academy and Sylvan.
- Each town consists of 14 creatures and 7 levels, each creature having an
- A unique town history has been developed for all the towns, with all factions
- Special Racial Abilities will be included for every town to give the town its
- It has been confirmed that the game will have at least 130 creatures with all
expansions, but exactly 90 in the original game.
- Each creature will have one upgrade.
- There are six Neutral Creatures.
- Creatures will have 'special abilities' like the Griffin's dive attack, and
some will be able to cast their own spells, such as the Angel's healing.
- 170 creature abilities will be in the game in total.
- They cannot directly take part in combat, but are able to cast spells from the
sidelines, though they have abilities which enable them to make melee attacks.
- There will be three skill levels - basic, advanced and expert.
- Each hero will have a special ability.
- Armies now leave a trail in the ground depending on the size of the army
(though this will not be clickable - merely a visual clue).
- The game will include weather effects such as rain, though there has been no
information on the impact this will have.
- Retaliation works in the same way it did in Heroes III.
- The battlefield is a static 10 x 12, apart from sieges, where it is 14 x 16.
- The ballista, first aid tent, ammo cart and catapult are all confirmed war
- The battlefield has been made generally smaller in comparison to previous
games for 'faster battles'.
Powered by © _NeT_WalBanger