Why be a medic?Medics are the nurturing mother figure of a ET/RTCW team.
They are vital to ensuring the survivability of a team by providing health to
heal the wounded and reviving the dead. A good medic greatly reduces the amount
of time team members spend in Limbo or travelling from the spawn site.
- A full energy bar is good for 4 med packs. Each med pack consumes 25% of an
energy bar. Med packs are the only item which requires a medic to expend energy
- Each med pack heals 20 points of damage (assuming difficulty = 3)
- A medic starts out with 10 needles - these never get restocked unless you
die and respawn
- When a team mate is revived, they regenerate back to 60 health
- Medics are the only class which regenerates health when wounded. You
regenerate at approximately 2 points per second
- The number of medics on a team increase the starting health level of all
team members as follows
|Number of medics on team
||Starting health (Medic)
||Starting health (Other)|
On the downside, medics start off with the least amount of ammunition. Each
medic starts out with 30 rounds for the SMG (Thompson or MP40), 32 rounds for
his pistol, and 1 grenade. Medics, if not supplied by a Lieutenant, need to
practice a little bit of fire discipline when shooting back at the enemy (this
means no full auto spray and pray).